There are 7 types of shorts
The shorts can be the starting point for new outfits and combinations. There are many styles and types of shorts.
- Bermuda shorts: Bermuda shorts are named after the island territory. They are often worn for casual work or lounging. Bermuda shorts have hems that are about an inch above the knee. However, wearers can cuff the hem to make it ride higher on the thigh. Bermuda shorts are more common in tropical climates, and they tend to be lighter in color.
- Biker shorts: These spandex shorts were designed for cyclists who want to maximize their performance. However, they can be worn casually as well. These shorter bike shorts look great with many casual, fashion-forward outfits.
- Chino shorts are a classic summer short that is lightweight and comfortable. Chino shorts come in many lengths. The most fashionable are worn on the shorter side, four inches above the knee. Longer ones can be worn to the knee.
- Cutoffs: Cutoffs can be described as a type of DIY shorts. However, many brands also sell cutoff shorts. To make denim cutoffs, you can trim jeans at the knee.
- High-waisted pants: These shorts are higher at the waist, often just below the belly button. High-waisted pants can be paired with crop tops and tank tops.
- Jean shorts are made from denim, usually in blue or white. For a monochromatic look, pair jean shorts and a denim jacket.
- Short shorts: This casual short has a shorter inseam that shows off your legs. You can choose from a variety of materials and different colors.
Five ways to style shorts
These ensembles will allow you to try different warm-weather shorts looks.
- Wear shorts and a tee for casual style: For a casual summer look, you can pair a white T-shirt with a V-neck or crisp white shirt with a pair chinos. This look can be paired with sneakers or espadrille shoes.
- For a boating look, dress up: A striped shirt with long sleeves, a boat neckline and a khaki bottom can be worn with khaki shorts. You can also wear a polo with your shorts. Match it with boat shoes. This outfit is a great staple for your summer wardrobe.
- Add some class to the ensemble by including a pair of elegant shoes: To make your look more formal, you can wear a button-down shirt with shorts and an accent belt. You can also pair loafers with shorts by tucking it into shorts. To elevate the look, you can add a blazer to the ensemble.
- Bike shorts are bolder than usual: Biker shorts are a hot fashion trend. They look great with graphic tees, hoodies and large sweaters.
- Combining a sweater with high-waisted pants is a great look: A baggy sweater can be tucked into high-waisted pants for an updated look.
Most Popular: https://www.loganonlinemovie.com/fashion-careers/
Four Tips to Style a Polo Shirt
What is a Polo Shirt?
A polo shirt is also known as a tennis or golf shirt. It has short sleeves and a placket neckline. There are two to three buttons. Most polo shirts are made of cotton blends. These casual tops can be worn as a staple in your wardrobe or as a part of your school, tennis, or golf uniform.
Polo shirts are named after the polo players who wore them to India in the nineteenth century, and Great Britain in 20th century. The polo shirt has been an integral part of fashion trends since then. The shirt was an essential part of men’s fashion in the 2000s. It was worn in offices as business-casual menswear. Women wore it with a popped collar to give them a more preppy look.
Five ways to wear Polo Shirts
This iconic shirt can be worn for casual occasions in many ways. These casual outfits are great for:
- Begin with a simple ensemble: You can go for a classic look with a basic outfit. A colorful cotton polo can be worn with jeans or chinos, and white sneakers.
- You can create a nautical look: For a summer look that is breezy and comfortable, you can tuck a blue or a white polo into khaki pants. You can also wear a brown belt with your boat shoes.
- A polo can be worn with an undershirt: In cooler temperatures, you can wear a thin tshirt underneath your polo. If you are wearing a brighter shirt, choose a neutral (e.g. gray or white) undershirt.
- You can dress up your outfit: A polo shirt with a buttoned collar can make your look more chic. It can be worn with skinny jeans and paired with loafers. You can show off your ankles by cuffing your trousers.
- You can play with your tucks: You can wear untucked polos for looser and more casual styling. Belts can be used to accent this casual shirt if it is tucked in.